May 9, 2011Posted in: News
Once again Planet Bluegrass received and was knocked out by the hundreds of entries they received for the Troubadour Contest from all over the world. The quality and creativity of the entries consistently impressed them. Congratulations to the following finalists who will be performing in the final 2 rounds on Telluride’s Elks Park stage. These artists will also performing throughout the festival in in-the-round sets at Elks Park and tweener sets on the festival main stage.
Congratulations go out all these folks with a special shout-out to the three locals: Pete Kartsounes, Kyle James Hauser and Zach Heckendorf.
- Mai Bloomfield — Venice, California
- Maya de Vitry — Lancaster, PA
- Angela Easterling — Greenville, SC
- Matt Harlan — Houston, TX
- Kyle James Hauser — Boulder, CO
- Zach Heckendorf — Denver, CO
- Courtney Jones (The Getaway Girl) — Santa Cruz, CA
- Pete Kartsounes — Boulder, CO
- Kate Klim — Nashville, TN
- Louise Mosrie — Nashville, TN
- 1st Alternate: Rebecca Loebe — Atlanta, GA
- 2nd Alternate: Paul Jacobsen — Salt Lake City, UT
Music has always been a part of my life. It probably all started listening to old Grateful Dead, Peter Paul & Mary, and Simon & Garfunkel records that my parents had, but it wasn't long before they were taking me to concerts like Starship, Crosby, Stills & Nash, and Huey Lewis & The News. I got the bug to write about music after reviewing an Eric Clapton concert for a creative writing project in high school but didn't really take it up seriously until 2002. Since then I have published countless articles in The Marquee Magazine and done some work for Jambase.com, SPIN Magazine, and various other outlets. I started Listen Up Denver! as a way to share the music information that is constantly spilling out of my head with people who care. Please enjoy!