On this winter solstice, Planet Bluegrass is proud to announce the preliminary lineup for the 44th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival – held the weekend nearest the summer solstice, June 15-18, 2017. Tickets and camping are on sale now at www.bluegrass.com or 800-624-2422.
=== 44th ANNUAL TELLURIDE BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL | TELLURIDE, CO | JUNE 15-18, 2017 ===
Sam Bush Band
Dierks Bentley with The Travelin’ McCourys
Telluride House Band featuring Sam, Bela, Jerry, Edgar, Bryan & Stuart
Yonder Mountain String Band
Bela Fleck & Chris Thile
Jerry Douglas Band
The East Pointers
Telluride Troubadour & Band Contests
many more still to be announced…
This initial 2017 lineup includes many of the brilliant artists who have defined the adventurous genre of “Telluride Bluegrass” for the past 43 years. Among the new highlights of this 43rd Annual lineup are:
- A special bluegrass set from multi-platinum country star Dierks Bentley with The Travelin’ McCourys
- The return of powerhouse vocalist Brandi Carlile
- The socially conscious indie grooves of Dispatch
- The transcendent harmony of Elephant Revival
- A festival-opening solo set from new Prairie Home Companion host Chris Thile
- The only appearance of the all-star Telluride House Band featuring 6 of the world’s most revered acoustic musicians Sam Bush, Bela Fleck, Jerry Douglas, Edgar Meyer, Stuart Duncan, and Bryan Sutton.
This initial lineup represents about two-thirds of the festival’s main stage lineup. Watch for major additional artist announcements in the coming months, leading up to the complete single-day lineup announcement in early March.
4-day passes and single-day tickets, as well as camping in several offsite campgrounds, are still available at shop.bluegrass.com or 800-624-2422. As always, Planet Bluegrass charges no handling fees on any tickets.
Set in a historic mining town deep in the San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado, the 10,000-person festival is held the weekend nearest the summer solstice. Four different alpine waterfalls are visible throughout the small town (population 2300, elevation 8750′).